Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pitter-Patter

Since my last post, I had my first baby picture taken!  


It surprised me how clear it was.  And has a big head!  Taking after Eric already, I see.  :)  I have been in so much disbelief that I will actually be having a baby, but this finally made it real for me.  I saw the little heartbeat going pitter-patter, pitter-patter, extremely fast.  That was the most amazing thing.  There is actually something growing inside me!!!

The whole being pregnant is pretty amazing, isn't it?  I never really thought about it before, but it's kinda weird!  Like, actually growing another human inside of another human.  Almost coming from nothing and bringing an actual human into the world.  With hair and teeth and that grows up and thinks.  Such an odd part of nature to me.  Almost seems more natural for a stork to bring it in!  

I went back to the doctor this Thursday for a consultation of the do's and don'ts of pregnancy, and was happy to hear that cold turkey sandwiches aren't off limits to me like another doctor had told me.  He also tried to hear the baby's heartbeat, which was a surprise to me. Had I known he was going to try, I would have had Eric come with me.  But all we could hear was mine.  Mine is just too loud.  Or so I hope it is... not being able to hear it at 11 weeks has me pretty worried.  I hope everything is okay with that baby and that my heartbeat really was just overpowering it.  

I have another appointment in two weeks to try again and this time I should be able to hear it for sure!  I'll keep you updated!  And I'll try to post more often to try to make this an actual blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment