Monday, February 20, 2012

March For Babies

I had heard of March for Dimes, but never knew exactly what it was.  There was a meeting at work which I wasn't invited to.  I asked my lead why and she told me she just thought it was too sensitive a subject for me.  I accepted her answer and thanked her.  I really did accept it.  I trusted that she knew what I should or should not be around and decided it probably was for the best.  Two days later we had a meeting and a girl in my unit had a pin on her sweater for March for Babies... throughout the meeting I couldn't stop staring at it.  I kept thinking of Cameron, of course.  But still didn't know exactly what it was for.

I then got an e-mail later that day telling me what March for Babies was about and I couldn't wait to join.  I've felt this need to get involved with anything I can to help other parents, mom's, babies, that have gone through something like this.  That have lost their child.  So, I signed up.  Please visit my page at http://www.marchforbabies.com/4cameron.  And if you feel compelled to do so, please make a donation.  Any donation of any size will make a difference and will be greatly appreciated.


One day.  One day I hope to have another baby and be able to hear them cry and feel the warmth of their skin... not the coldness of a babies skin.  I'll never forget the coldness of Cameron's feet and hands.  My  baby was so cold.  One day I hope to give birth to one of Cameron's healthy brother's or sisters.  And I'm working on doing that.  I'll be walking on April 14, 2012 at Sea World and I'll be praying the entire time for some day to end all stillbirths.  Maybe one day in my life time... and I will work at this in honor of my angel, Cameron.  Because of Cameron, I am doing this.  Because of him, I am trying to help other babies and other parents.  Because of him, he's changed my life for the better.  I feel so lucky to have an angel looking out for me... my own personal angel.

So, please think about donating to my cause... help me reach my goal in honor of my baby.  Or your baby, if you are one of the unfortunate ones to have to go through this also.  I'll be walking in your babies honor too.

2 comments:

  1. We lost our daughter Leia Sky at 35 weeks. We are trying again and pray that when we have another daughter her middle name can be Leia. I really like your blog been reading for a while. Just thought I'd finally speak up. Please feel free visit mine www.letterstoleia.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading my blog and so sorry it has taken me so long to respond. It's been busy and hectic and I'm still adjusting to stuff. I'm sure you understand. I've read your blog and I think it's amazing how people that have never met feel the same things... isn't that odd how we all have this terrible bond now? I'll be thinking of your Leia and keep reading your blog too.

      Delete