Sunday, April 8, 2012

Dear Easter Bunny...

Taken from S.O.B.B.S Facebook page on what should have been Cameron's first Easter...


Dear Mr Easter Bunny,
I just had to write today...
To see if you stop in Heaven...
As you hop along your way?

You see...a part of me is up there...
That I miss with all my heart...

So, I wanted to know if you go there???
And if I could ask a favour of you?
Can you take him a basket to heaven?
Filled with coloured eggs and bunnies too?

And could you please add a green egg for me?
Mum says green means new life and rest,
For my Baby is now resting in heaven...

And could you also add an orange egg for me?
Orange for the colour of a candles flame,
For my Baby's little light will always shine...
Although our lives will never be the same.

And could you add an egg so blue?
For blue is the colour of a cloudless sky,
And when I see the geese flying over me...
I know its a sign...from him way up high.

And we cant forget a yellow egg too...
For yellow is the colour of the rising sun,
And my Baby's love will shine down on me...
For all my days and nights to come.

And we also need a rainbow coloured egg...
For the rainbow way up high in the sky,
For Mum says he will always live within me...
And his spirit will never die.

And last but not least a red egg if you could?
For we all know red means the colour of love,
And I love my Baby oh so much...
Please send my love to him above.

Thank you Mr Easter Bunny...
I really appreciate your time today...
And I will say a prayer for you too...
As you hop to Heaven for me on Easter day.

When you take his basket up to the Heavens...
Can you please whisper in his ear?
And wish him the happiest Easter From me...
For I miss him more with each passing year
 Today was almost like a regular day for me... except it was another holiday.  Another "first" that should have been celebrated with Cameron.  I went to my parents house and thought of how different today should have been.  How I was planning on dressing Cameron up as an Easter Bunny or duck today.  How everyone would have been so excited to have a baby at the house to cherish and spoil!  How I would have made him the best Easter basket even though he wouldn't know what was in it.  How everyone would have been cooing and smiling and holding him.  But instead, it was just a normal barbeque with my family.... 
I've been having an extremely hard time at work lately.  I almost feel shunned by some there for having to call-in sometimes... I'll write a post about this later, but it's just so frustrating... those that are angry at me have their kids with them at home.  They have no idea what I'm feeling.  No idea how I have to pretend to go on with a normal life, when my life is anything but normal now....
I'll write more later but just needed to get that out there...
Happy Easter my angel, Cameron... Mommy and Daddy love you SOOOOOOOO much and wish you were here.  But we know Mamo and Eric's grandpa are with you and hopefully making your first Easter the most special for you.  I love you my sweet angel.  And miss you so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment